Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Thors Helmet

Les Tilly

well I have tried this over a few nights it rides pretty low in the sky and I can only grab a few frames at a time before the Obs gets in the way

This is ha 4x 1800 secs 4x Oiii 900 secs binned 2x2 and 6 x Sii 900 secs Binned 2x2

TOA 150

Paramount MX

ML8300

Guided with MMOAG and Sbig STi

Thanks

Les

post-15556-133877728927_thumb.jpg

Nice one Les.

A real nice little emission Nebula this is.

It is a low one in Canis Major, so any southern obstructions will curtail time on it.

There's a Wolf Rayet at the centre too, a red giant allegedly in pre Nova stage, so who knows, there may be an addition to the view in the future. Don't hold your breath though, it could be next week,

or next millennium. After all, it's 15k light years away :icon_salut:.

Ron.

That's come out very well Les.

It's a beautiful target that seems really tricky to get a good hold of, I know I have tried and failed several years on the trot!

So it is nice to see a finished image here, especially one this nice :icon_salut:

What colour assignment did you use here? Was there much signal in the Oiii filter? Sii? Thanks.

Tim

Thanks Guys the color combine was first HA OIII OIII that was the first rendition I then took some Sii subs very weak in that area I combined it as SII HA OIII was not happy with how it turned out so I then combined both images and adjusted the Opacity to bring out some of the colors in the SII Ha OIII I then was happy with the end result

Les

Archived