Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL 7 - ADDITIONAL SPACES!!

daz

Hi All

Again, apologies for the delay in getting this info out to you...

Positive meet up with the camp site - and many thanks for Mark for coming over as well!

Site Map: Lucksall Caravan Park

The pertinent details are:

There are 4 additional EHU's on the bottom left hand corner of the site, at the end of the non-EHU field. They have been doing some reseeding work, but plenty of space still (to the left and below 42)

There are 4 additional EHU's next to the playground, but there won't be too many kids about (behind 101 and the fire hydrant symbol)

There are 3 additional non-EHU pitches along the river, going towards the little canoe hut (left of 28d)

We can also put people on the EHU pitches that run alongside the river. You can use their scopes there, or bring them down to the main field (27 down to 1)

There are 3 hard standings on the back of the hard standings rows we have that have been reserved for us, and 1 on the strip opposite (nos 30, 34, 35, 36)

We can also use 66-70 if we require more space, and again, people can use the scopes there (but it is quite leafy) or bring down to the main field

Next to the shop/reception, there is now a small cafe. They can do simple things (something with chips, for example) and will have cakes, soup, etc. They can also do something like a chicken/beef curry for the Friday night if we want.

Then, there is now a covered area next to the shop, with some pub-style benches in. They are in the process of putting up see-through plastic walling to shelter from the elements - this would be ideal for putting the talks into, and we are looking into this

For people camping more than 4 days, they ask that tents are moved on the 4th day, to preserve the grass

They also have splitters (qty unknown) to allow a EHU to be split between two pitches

The house on the road is owned by the site, and the tenant has been warned to keep lights out. If they don't, the site owner will go and remove the bulbs himself!!

The site owners will also have a word with the pub about their outside lighting and see of they will switch them off for the Friday and Saturday

OK, so to the waiting lists.... The folllowing are the list of names I have on the list, that now have a pitch allocation OR have booked but have yet to pay.

Spaceboy

IanC11

MrFlibble

Stardad

George

Adz

Vince66

StephenGreen

SteveWolves

Eddy_J1

Stoneybroke15

Neil Hankey

EntropyStar

AstroEddie

Altruythm

I think that's all!! If I missed anyone, please get in touch ASAP!

This means there are still plenty of space for everyone!

We will re-open the booking page later this afternoon for you to book your places, hopefully around 6pm - AND DON'T FORGET THE HOG ROAST!!

Edited to rectify Stoneybroke15 name.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to have to work out the logistics - usually the car sits by the tent, so if the tent moves the car and tent just swap spaces. Both will block the light from the grass. Will have to have a think about the positioning!

Fantastic!! Have just booked Friday & Saturday nights + hog roast of course, for me and brother Mick.

Thanks to Daz & others who have done the work.

Please note I am stoneybroke 15 not stoneybridge 15

Name fixed.:D

Ron.

Going to have to work out the logistics - usually the car sits by the tent, so if the tent moves the car and tent just swap spaces. Both will block the light from the grass. Will have to have a think about the positioning!

I think that will be fine Nick!

Thank you for all your efforts finding extra space DAZ but the car failed the MOT yesterday so I will have to let someone else have my reserved space :(

Just for the record, don't no-one send their wife to take the car for a MOT at Halesowen motor house. OK it failed the MOT but it went in the work shop with the engine working perfectly fine and comes out with an engine management light on and no power. Now want £80 + fix the problem with the engine management. No guessing what's going on there. :):icon_salut:;) cowboys

Thank you for all your efforts finding extra space DAZ but the car failed the MOT yesterday so I will have to let someone else have my reserved space :(

Just for the record, don't no-one send their wife to take the car for a MOT at Halesowen motor house. OK it failed the MOT but it went in the work shop with the engine working perfectly fine and comes out with an engine management light on and no power. Now want £80 + fix the problem with the engine management. No guessing what's going on there. :):icon_salut:;) cowboys

That's such a shame. I suppose hiring a vehicle would just be too expensive? I have no idea how the insurance would work either!

(Off topic but I've had garages treat me like an idiot because I'm a woman! Contact Consumer Direct (ex-Trading Standards) concerning the garage if the manager isn't helpful.)

Just for the record, don't no-one send their wife to take the car for a MOT at Halesowen motor house. OK it failed the MOT but it went in the work shop with the engine working perfectly fine and comes out with an engine management light on and no power. Now want £80 + fix the problem with the engine management. No guessing what's going on there. :icon_eek::):angry4: cowboys

Did they say what's up? Sounds like an 02 (Lambda) sensor to me. Tends to trigger a management light when revved for the emissions test. £80 sounds about right for a garage but you'll probably get a universal replacement, that can be spliced into the wiring, for about £20. Not too difficult a job - the main difficulty will probably be taking the old one out as they have a habit of welding themselves in.

We got it through the MOT re-test easy enough but it now appears the clutch is slipping which we were quoted £600 labour. I did a pedal test to see what fault codes lit the engine management light and there was a list full: 2279, 0704, 2103, 2139, 0380, 0606, 1613

Hi All

Apologies for being off-line for a few days..... back now :icon_scratch:

My HDD has died on my lappy - and guess where all my SGL7 stuff is!! I can get the booking info easily enough and I will trawl through that, and these threads, to get as much info as I can, so fingers crossed all the data is available.

I don't have a recent backup, which is shameful especially as I work in IT - defintely a case of "do what say, not what I do"!!! :)

My HDD has died on my lappy - and guess where all my SGL7 stuff is!! I can get the booking info easily enough and I will trawl through that, and these threads, to get as much info as I can, so fingers crossed all the data is available.

Sympathy with you there Daz, the same thing happened to me years ago when I was at University with my whole project on it - had a great time explaining that to my course examiner.... fortunately I had half of it backed up so it wasn't all gone but it does go to show that its wise not to keep your eggs in one basket!

Archived