Me, an introduction

JoelH

Hi folks,

I've been interested in Astronomy for many years and bought my first scope, a S/H Meade ETX105, about 8 years ago. I enjoyed it for a few years but eventually my hunger for something a bit bigger got the better of me and I bought a S/H Meade LX90GPS 8". The images I'm getting with the 8" have really impressed me. I'm not wed to the Meade brand, it's just the way things have turned out!

All my observations have taken place solo. I don't know any like minded amateur astronomers nearby and I'm not a member of any astronomical societies and I would be interested in hearing from any people in the Birmingham/Coventry/Warwickshire area who want to get together and do telescope stuff.

Another reason for my joining SGL is that I'm developing an interest in imaging, particularly video astronomy, so I'll be wading through the vast amount of useful info that, I've no doubt, is contained within these forums.

That's probably plenty of intro for now, so I'll get on with some work and check back later!

Cheers

JoelH

Archived