Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skylight f/15 mini,arrives.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a quick peek at Venus three days ago and it's sharper than death's scythe and I have an APM-TMB 80/480!

Is this good enough?

CloudyNights member BillP has done excellent comparison with his TAK TSA 102 stepped down to 60mm,conclusion.....every bit as sharp as TAK!

It's a double star killer!

It's a gorgeous instrument that I've coverted since I read the write up in Astronomy Now.

I'm turning into a bit of a planetary / double star fan, but the relatively small aperture has me wondering whether it's too small.

That said, I like the sound of the double star killing capability, and I'd love to hear more :)

Try it on the planets. You may be pleasantly surprised at what this small scope shows. I was !!

When larger scopes break down due to poor seeing, this little gem, seems to cut through. Cooldown? Mwahahaha, what cooldown?

Andy.

Ive been using 60mm masks for years and can see Jovian shadow transits on my other refractors so this scope should easily show them.

Split Izar {eBootis} no problem with 60mm.

Like Andy says the small aperture and long focal length are big advantages when seeing is poor in larger scopes.

Was going to try Jupiter tonight but cloud has rolled in.

Just to let you know I paid £445 for the 60mm skylight and that included P&P. Very securely packaged and a tracking number was provided for easy following.

Im not sure how many of these Richard has left as they are made in very limited numbers.

Sigh. I really love the look of that scope and deep down I WANT ONE but can't justify the cost when I already own a superb Swift 839 60mm and have an Astral 500 60mm incoming. Still, 60mm scops do not take as much space so provide a good subject for a collection I suppose....

If it was a tad cheaper it would be a no-brainer I think, and would probably have persuaded me to splash out long ago.

Happy viewing!

Ant

Lovely, lovely little scope. I can tell you're over the moon with it (couldn't resist saying that) as well you should be. I still can't believe how good my Carton 100mm is. Would beat the FLT98 I had hands down for visual planetary / lunar observing.

John

Archived