Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Greeting from Los Angeles, California

Terrynak

Hi - my name is Terry and I'm from Los Angeles. Got back into astronomy early in 2010, after many years of inactivity (had an interest as a teenager). I own 5 small working telescopes ranging from 76mm to 150mm, only 1 of which I actively use at the moment - the Orion 100mm Skyscanner reflector - though I hope to use my bigger (and smaller) ones more often. Because most of my observations have been limited to this small scope (observed & logged about 250 deep-sky objects with it, limited planetary work), I still consider myself somewhat of a novice stargazer.

Looking forward to participating and learning more via the SGL!

Terry

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Terry and welcome from south west France. What is the light pollution like where you live?

Light pollution is heavy (white zone) where I live in metropolitan L.A. Fortunately, the northern part of the city borders some local mountain ranges (e.g. Santa Monica Mountains), so I just go north along the coast not too far from metropolitan L.A. to get some orange-zone skies.

Welcome to you Terry, hope you become a frequent visitor to this site and we become aquainted so when asking to come to you for a holiday you may be more likely to agree, LOL
Absolutely - always a pleasure to meet other amateur astronomers from abroad!

Archived