Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tal Barlows back in stock!

FLO

You're not going to like this...

Our website has a facility where, when a product is out of stock, you can click on the 'Notify me when this item is available' button. Our website then sends an automated email advising you when the item is back in stock. It appears over one hundred people clicked on the button! Our delivery of the 3x Tal barlow sold out within 24-hours. We tried to order more but Tal's UK importer/distributor has also sold out. They are unable to say when they will become available again.

We'll check the backorder situation tomorrow and refund payments where necessary.

Our stocks of Tal 2x barlows are holding up but at the current rate they too will be sold out sometime next week.

This is intensely frustrating! :icon_salut:

Sincere apologies to anyone affected.

Just goes to show how popular Tal products are, and my reasoning for getting some 125r achro`s shipped over, though that will never happen!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I can tell (from home) all orders for Tal 3x barlows placed on or before Tue 13th 7.40pm will be okay. Orders after that will recieve a refund. I'll check when back at the office tomorrow.

If I hear of other dealers with available stock I'll mention them here.

HTH,

Steve

Got mine delivered today, thanks FLO (ordered about 14.30 on Tuesday)

Been really lucky as picked up a Telrad and a 3x Tal over the last couple of weeks. Typically its been blumming cloudy whenever Ive had some free time to go out over the last few weeks :icon_salut:

Note from NPZ optics,

"New shipment of telescopes and accessories for the UK is at UK customs"

That is old news because some of it is sitting here on our shelves :)

Great news regarding the Tal 3x Barlow: We spoke with another dealer who has sold out of Tal 2x barlows so we have sent him some of ours in exchange for his Tal 3x barlows. We will have enough to cover all backorders :icon_salut:

It happens to us all the time Nick, those notifications are often wide of the mark. On stuff we import the supplier will often receive notification saying 'attempted delivery', which suggests the courier has been knocking on our door but nobody was home. In fact it means it has left UK customs and been handed to Parcelforce for the final leg of the journey. It makes no sense :icon_salut:

My 3x TAL ordered on Wednesday arrived this morning. Can't wait to open it but, apparently, I have to wait until 25th of the month for some reason. Rats!

Can you not get away with.....

"I need to test it. Supplies are running low. If it's faulty and needs to go back, there may be no replacements"

That sounds a pretty good excuse, right there :icon_salut:

Andy.

Can you not get away with.....

"I need to test it. Supplies are running low. If it's faulty and needs to go back, there may be no replacements"

That sounds a pretty good excuse, right there :icon_salut:

Andy.

I value the crown jewels too much to try!:)

Great news regarding the Tal 3x Barlow: We spoke with another dealer who has sold out of Tal 2x barlows so we have sent him some of ours in exchange for his Tal 3x barlows. We will have enough to cover all backorders :)

Oh I missed this bit! So will I be getting one of the 'swapped' ones? :(

I placed my order for one of each 2X & 3X on Tuesday 13th Dec @17:36 i received an email on Wednesday 14th Dec @ 16:48 confirming that my order had been dispatched by 1st class post and to allow 2-3 working days for delivery.

Sadly it hasn't arrived as yet so i can only imagine it's lost somewhere in the postal system :) but hopefully Royal Mail will find it soon & deliver it before Christmas

...they certainly look to be very well made and look solid & certainly built to last methinks.

That's the thing about Russian optics, the Russian military connection is clear to see but if you look through them, not at them, you will be impressed :)

Archived