Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

celebrity stargazers....

rory

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been trying to read this but my head keeps seeing Myleene Klass and hearing Dr. Feelgood and I'm in too much of a happy place to go beyond that.

Erm, Dave Aguilar, singer in the 60s band The Chocolate Watchband became a professor of Astronomy at Colorado for a while. Oh, and, perhaps unsurprisingly, Dave BRock from Hawkwind has apparently got an interest in astonomy.

Actually I once got interviewed in Weston-Super-Mare town centre for a news item on whether Jeffrey Archer should be allowed to continue as "Lord" following his release from prison. Guessing everyone would be against I decided to buck the trend and say he's paid his price, unlike most other peers, and his experience would add to his understanding of some issues. Made sure I got a prime news slot! :)

I seem to recall that the late Michael Bentine had an interest. He certainly appeared on the Sky at Night with PM.

John Dobson (of Dobsonian fame) counts as a famous amateur if not a celebrity and I see that Nik Szymanek has a Wikipedia entry so he must be famous!

Sadly, the list of celebrity astronomers doesn't seem to be very long. I expect they are far too busy enjoying their exciting celebrity lifestyles.

Geoff

Geoff

The image of his (ever wonderful!) "pigeon walk". How the heck did the guy avoid "blackout" problems

- Long eye relief eyepieces maybe? :)Dr. Feelgood - Roxette Live - YouTube

There's only one Wilko Johnson!

I've seen that youtube performance a 100 times.Think i'll watch it again,never get tired of it.

Class performance:D

Archived