Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New noob :D

gdheib0430

Hey everyone just wanted to say hi and I look forward to getting into astronomy once again. 30 year old military guy used to have a super old scope in the 80s when I was young and looked at the moon from time to time. Ever since I totally enjoy watching Cosmos shows and reading up on what going on around us...finally decided to jump back into looking for myself and started reading at various sites including here...

Had a pretty decent background on constellations but got a set of binos for a week and was amazed at how much more you could see. I recently started playing with my new Orion SkyProbe 3" Reflector and I must say $100 takes you alot farther into space now a days. Already looked at Jupiter and Saturn...totally hooked now can't wait to start looking at some more clusters and nebula...distant fuzz balls here I come hehe.

Anyway this is the best lounge I have seen so far from what I have read up on and thanks for all the beginning posts it made getting into this way easier than I thought.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived