Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Observing chair

Looks ok, as it's back on sale it must mean the 'dropping seat' problem has been solved, hopefully!!

I went a bit bonkers and bought one of these:

Smart-Seat Observing Chair made in Japan

Which, I have to say is very stable and very sturdy and reasonably comfortable (quite a small seat)!

It worked out a bit costly to import it over here from the States, but I am happy with it, so far! We'll see how well it lasts over the next few years!

Doc

I have the smart seat (although the one I bought was called something else) and highly recommend it. The rails means that it's very stable and no risk of it sliding down to the bottom, which some other designs do. Folds up nicely.

Ah, The Smart Seat was the one I was on about!

The SkyWatcher, only 90 Kg - gosh that isn't much is it!!??

Doc

I think the clothes I'd be wearing in winter must be about a quarter of that. I think I'd have about 300g to play with which won't get me the required coffee flask and a Linda McCartney sausage roll in my hands

I've found that for Dobs 12" and smaller a common white plastic garden chair is great. It offers three seating positions: leaning on the back, sitting on the arm, sitting on the seat. I only bought the adjustable seat because the garden chair was too short for the big scope.

I had a look at it but its maximum user weight is only 90 kg :icon_confused:

Thats my main concern also. Not for me personally cuz i dont need one. I guess that is the international average standard weight of a human being?.

I'd say its a few kilo more then that though.............say 110kg.

I found a plastic garden chair too bendy and weak for my former front-row rugby player frame

Haha i am of the same build and those plastic garden chairs scare the hell out of me. I have seen one of them literally explode into tiny fragments from underneath a person who was of a similar build.................if not smaller.

Archived