excel spread sheet for sky objects

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Guys and Gals

please see attached Excel spreadsheet

this is a great help to people starting out

it has macros that link out to websites for star maps by clicking the objects in column A

have a play and i hope it helps

Hello GJBC!

This looks like a fantastic resource! I would very much like to use it in my Astronomy 101 course and make it available to my college students as a resource.

May I have your permission to use it in my classes and distribute it to the kids?

Respectful regards!

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys and Gals

please find an updated chart now includes the messier list in order ( from my position (s wales ) though it wont be much different the list is not an exact science as if it is done two or three days either side of the optimum messier date for the year the first one or two at either end or your horizons might spoil it as well. but usually taking the horizon factor out if you don't get them on the way down in the evening get them on the way up in the morning (watch the sun though)

Sky object catalogue.xls

Hello GJBC!

This looks like a fantastic resource! I would very much like to use it in my Astronomy 101 course and make it available to my college students as a resource.

May I have your permission to use it in my classes and distribute it to the kids?

Hi Dan

Glad you feel it would be of use

I have no objections i have taken all the data of the Your Sky Object Catalogues pages and formatted it into the spread sheet so i quick mention to them in your course material

the new version of the sheet has the link on i meant to put it on before i posted first time.

Archived