I am a newbie...

Astrosaurus

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Michele and Tomas and welcome,

how are the skies in hastings at night as i bet its pretty bad in the town, but move out to the outskirts it must be pretty good,

hope you both enjoy the forum with lots to read and look at,

some good advice can be had as well.

regards ron.s.g

Hi Syntarsus.

That's funny as i saw my very first meteorite at about the same age in the Greek mountains where visibility was amazing! Gives me goosebumps just remembering it and reading your message. Thanks for sharing that... Hope to see many more in my lifetime as the sense of wonder they trigger is unlike any other feeling!

Hi Ron,

The skies in town are pretty bad but am about to move house to the outskirts incidentally so fingers crossed it will be better. There are places to go where they are much better though and very close too. It's not such a problem at the moment as i have yet to get a decent telescope so am not as yet cursing the clouds!

Hi Doug,

What a great idea! I knew they had telescopes at Herstmonceux but it never occurred to me that it was open to the public. It's only about half an hour away, if that.... Thank you so much for that suggestion as we will definately do that. Sounds like my kind of night out!

Hi Michelle,

Welcome....

Have not been to hastings since that school trip, back in ........?????

Hope there's not too much light pollution in your area. Fab winter skies may be on the way but now the trees are shedding their leaves, that pesky street lamp on the public path behind my garden .... arghh ... anyone still have have a catapult ?

Happy stargazing !

Lee

Archived