Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

PST stolen in Glasgow

dogfish

Dear fellow SGL'ers,

I had my PST stolen from the boot of my car last night in Glasgow (along with other stuff, including brand new popcorn maker and Nerf gun). If you are offered one second hand in Glasgow or surrounding areas, please contact me (especially if they offer you free popcorn!).

Thanks, Martin

Mods, if this is the wrong place please fee free to move it

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's nothing lower than a thieving scumbag maggot, and I apologise to Maggots, because they have a worthwhile use, even if it's just to bait hooks.

Thieves should be punished more severely than they ever are, and I don't understand why. What they do is despicable, and the effect on the victims is often devastating.

I sincerely hope the lowlife is caught Martin, and your property recovered.

Ron.

There's nothing lower than a thieving scumbag maggot, and I apologise to Maggots, because they have a worthwhile use, even if it's just to bait hooks.

Thieves should be punished more severely than they ever are, and I don't understand why. What they do is despicable, and the effect on the victims is often devastating.

I sincerely hope the lowlife is caught Martin, and your property recovered.

Ron.

I agree 100% with you Ron.

Unfortunately, it was stored in the box it came in and the serial number has gone with it. Thankfully, I didn't buy it new, but I am peeved as NickH looked through it at SGL6 and told me it was a good 'un (sub 0.8 Angstrom, he said). Grrr. I might get the serial number from the guy who sold it to me, but the chances of a PST turning up at a pawn shop are next to nothing, I'd guess, so if one does, it's defo mine.

• 3 weeks later...

I think posting this here (ebay link) is ill advised, a PM to the op might have been a better idea with respect. This could easily raise the "view" count on the auiction and create alarm bells should this actually prove to be the scope in question.

Hi Martin,

You might want to check this PST on Ebay. The seller is in Glasgow and he has no ebay history of buying and selling any astro items.

CORONADO 40MM F/10 PST PERSONAL SOLAR TELESCOPE (4263345330027) | eBay

dogfish Could this be yours. A coincence that it is from Glasgow and the description is a direct cut and paste. Do you recognise what looks like an eyepiece 'pot' in the box with the green writting on it. It would be great if this turned out to be yours.

Did you have anything else taken from your boot such as his other items:

HILTI MARK VPULL OUT TESTER

and

SONY PSP BOXED @27 FILMS@GAMES

Of course the seller may be genuine and I apologise if he/she is on this group.

I'm sure it is mine and i've already informed the police. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks for the heads up here and from a guy who saw my ad on uk astro buy sell.

Cheers, Martin

Ask him where he is in Glasgow and that you'll collect with cash tomorrow... then get the police to come with you...

Best of luck!

Archived