NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

It's arrived....One small step

paulhutch

Oh how excited am I? The advice from everyone on here has come to fruition and the Dobsonian 300P has arrived via FexEx this morning. I'm about to embark on a mission (Setting the blinking thing up...It's massive) and will report back once done. Please prey for clear skies tonight.:)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well (Surprisingly) it is quite easy to set up. It's all done now, need a power pack, or shares in Duracell. It's a beast of a scope, not recommended for people with a back back, although depending on how low your viewing, it should be able to be used sitting down, I'll have a fiddle and let you know. I'm thinking a bar stool and good comfy chair should do the job.

Well done Paul and let's hope the weather plays fair - but I won't be holding my breath!:) Great scope and will certainly be showing you some great views, so you will probably need a chair as it will all prove too exciting to stand.

James

Well I have found myself looking at every weather forecast for Warrington and not a single one is looking good. Maybe I'll get chance this week, but in the meantime I will have to stop looking out of the window like a little child waiting for Father Christmas. My new enemy is cloud!!! (and thanks to you all for the well wishes)

Hi, Paul, and welcome to the forum.

A 300p is what I call a really good start. And who knows, a scope that size should also protect you from aperture fever for...........six, maybe even twelve months! :rolleyes::D

Wishing you some clear skies!

The more and more I look at sat24's web site the cloudier it becomes. If this carries on I'll be moving. (Where's not cloudy in the UK?). As soon as I get a min, I'll post some pictures. Nothing else to report, apart from D batteries are £8 for 8 from Morrison's and I bought 2 packs in anticipation. :rolleyes:

Hello and welcome to the SGL.

That is a great scope you've got yourself there. Should keep you happy for years.

That was the plan, and without everyone's help on SGL I wouldn't have known where to start. I didn't want to keep upgrading and loosing money along the way, so I plumped for a decent dob for viewing and with more research I'll get a AP set up. I've already decided on the Canon 1100 camera (Cheap and cheerful but does the job) and the HEQ5 synscan mount, but what goes on top is as of yet undecided. :rolleyes: Thanks again all.

Archived