Hello From Wolverhampton

NeutrinoWave

Hi all, will be aquiring some new kit as soon as I figure the most sensible options eg Mount, OTA, etc

Hope to see some clear skies this autumn and catch up with the wonders of the universe

I work in IT as a consultant, my background is Astrophysics from London University.

Hope to meet new friends, avid observers, hobbyists, academics, researchers, amateurs and professionals on SGL :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome NeutrinoWave,

your in the right place then if you want to find out about the Cosmos and meet folks such as yourself.

Plenty of friendly types on the forum with knowledge to boot.

I guess with a username such as yours you got on here just that tiny bit quicker than anyone else has :)

Welcome NeutrinoWave,

your in the right place then if you want to find out about the Cosmos and meet folks such as yourself.

Plenty of friendly types on the forum with knowledge to boot.

I guess with a username such as yours you got on here just that tiny bit quicker than anyone else has :)

Well this is it, as you know from recent results published on neutrinos exceeding light speed ... My spin on this if it is indeed correct is that Neutrinos may tunnel through higher dimensions and in the process oscillate into different flavours .hence apparently appear to travel faster, as otherwise it does not seem plausible given they have some rest mass.. but this needs further investigation. Maybe LHC?

Hi NeutrinoWave,

Welcome to SGL. Like you I started out in astrophysics at UCL- they called it astronomy back then. I worked in the field for quite a few years before switching to software design. I've remained an amateur astronomer, especially telescope making. In the old days that was the way to go as telescopes were much more expensive than now. You'll have fun choosing your equipment and get started observing. Lots of help here, just ask

Eric

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Plenty of knowledge available from people here on all levels to help you with kit and what to observe etc. There is a search facility at the top of the page for past questions and answers if haven't already spotted it. :)

Clear skies in the meantime

James

Archived