Hi guys :o)

Connortron

After two nights of pointing at the bright moon in a clear sky with my daughter, I decided to purchase a cheap telescope to let her get a closer view of something that has early captured her imagination (whilst at the same time satisfying a childhood dream of mine!) so I did some research online and found the right scope but at just shy of £300 my partner convinced me that it's probably a little expensive for a four year old lol anyhow I ended up buying her a little heritage 76, and I get home to find I have a message from a friend about the meteor shower happy days! Only there is nothing but cloud as far as the eye can see and plenty more forecast for the next five days as well, good old blighty!

Anyhow I'm still glad to finally be dipping my toes into astronomy and I'm definitely keen to get my digital slr involved as well!

Connor :))

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.314762,-0.622502

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Connor

Welcome to the forum.

Feel free to come along to the "Surrey Observers" meets anytime.

We meet on Ranmore Common most clear nights.

Check out our section in the "social groups" blue bar, on the main index page.

Regards Steve

Archived