NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Geneva

robkmaeda

I just recently got involved in astronomy when my kids stared asking me questions about the stars and planets. In order to give them an idea of what and where everything is, I decided to buy the family a telescope. Stargazers lounge was great in helping me select a telescope for the house. I want to first thank all of the posters whose posts I read to help me select a good starter scope. I ended up getting a SW Mak 127 simply because of the relatively high bang for the buck combined with its portability. I am still learning how to use it and learn my way around the sky, but my family and I are having a blast. Growing up in the light and smog polluted skies of Los Angeles, I never really appreciated how many stars one can see from the countryside house. Thanks to everyone for there help.

Rob

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=46.134476,6.213675

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great to hear all the family is involved my daughters as a fleeting interest and as done many projects for school ,she as made videos of the planets we have took with a simple webcam an d taken pics of the moon with a cannon 10d she as done talks at school on the planets ect and constellation

hope you have many great nigts out under the stars

Hi Rob and kids

Warm welcome to the SGL, get ready for all the questions, they will in come thick and fast , have you down loaded "stellarium" will help you get round the sky and it's free

best of luck

Doug

Essex UK

Archived