Hello from Swanage, UK

bri999

Hi all, I'm Brian and I live in Swanage, Dorset in the south of the UK. Ive played with astrophotography using my normal camera lenses for a while on my Canon 5D Mk1 and 2 and have now taken the plunge and got a Explorer 200PDS and a HEQ5 Pro mount to try to take photos of things a bit further away!

My previous photography experience has been with landscapes, macro, products, microstock and buildings (inside and out for my web design company) and I am looking forward to getting outside at night wit the camera and scope and learning as much as I can from the forums and online communities.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Brian and welcome to the forum

Steve Richards "Making Every Photon Count" (FLO £19.95) would be an excellent introduction to astrophotograpy which is a little different to terrestrial imaging. It will tell you what you need and probably more importantly, why you need it to enable you to achieve the level of imaging that will best meet your expectations.

Clear skies in the meantime.

James

Hi Brian and welcome to the forum

Steve Richards "Making Every Photon Count" (FLO £19.95) would be an excellent introduction to astrophotograpy which is a little different to terrestrial imaging. It will tell you what you need and probably more importantly, why you need it to enable you to achieve the level of imaging that will best meet your expectations.

Clear skies in the meantime.

James

Thanks for the recommendation, i have ordered the book :)

Archived