Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Oh dear talk about well... the add says it all

Earl

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've sent a message to the seller pointing out the inaccuracies.

We shall wait and see what happens.

Peter

HAHA. are there any accuracies? it could be a very long email.

I await the reply :)

There is me mucking about with my 10" newt when I could be getting images like that in the EP, what a scope, I am going to buy 8 of them, just think what you could see with them all strapped together. I might beat ALMA to first pictures of the beginning of the Universe.

im confused....

Standard focuser 0,98”(eyepiece holder) makes the system easy to upgrade by adding extra eyepieces, filters, or photo adaptor.
We would like to indicate, that a lot of astronomic instruments are still being equipped with a simple and a bit dated focusers 0,98"(24,5mm), for which there aren't many accessories available these days, and which don't provide a long lasting observation fun. Opticon products are equipped with focusers 1,25"(31,7mm), which compared to the smaller ones 0,98"(24,5mm) guarantee an optimal use of full range of capabilities of the offered product

OK it was me! This is my question to seller.

"Hi there,

can you guarantee I will see the Bug Nebula (NGC 6302) in that telescope with such fine clarity and definition, not to mention magnification and colour. Not bad for a scope of that size and quality to see an object of Magnitude of 13!"

The advert was for me best summed up by the phrase, ".....although the storage of it can easy as putting it in the wardrobe or under your bed." I have got some better ideas I where I would like the seller to store this scope but it is likely to require the services offered by colonic irrigation to extract it! Joking aside, this is almost bordering on fraud and the people buying it won't be those who are looking for a bargain, who some might argue deserve to be ripped off if they don't do their research, it will be those who can least afford to loose even this small amount because they believed that it would do all that it was designed for.

Clearly some people sleep better at night than I could selling this $%&£.

James

Christmas is right around the corner! ! ! Order several of them for all of those on your gift list ! ! !

Such a shame, and to think, THOUSANDS will probably be sold, just for that very purpose.

Jim S.

There is me mucking about with my 10" newt when I could be getting images like that in the EP, what a scope, I am going to buy 8 of them, just think what you could see with them all strapped together. I might beat ALMA to first pictures of the beginning of the Universe.

Funny, I have had no answer yet.

I agree it isn't going to be a great scope, and knowing what I know now, I would not buy it for a child, but unless they have changed the ad since you posted all of the above, am I missing something? It's a telescope, with a tripod, a 2 year guarantee if it breaks, a 15 day money back no quibble, a moon filter, a moon and solar system map, some pdfs to help you get started. For £30. Looks like a great way for some parent to get their child interested in the night sky. Not everyone can afford the £100 or more that may be required for a 'decent' starter scope.

I do agree the claim about being able to see nebulas, and about easy upgrades could be misleading. But I don't see the problem with them including a nice nebula image. It doesn't say you will be able to see it with the telescope, it doesn't even really imply it - plenty of respectable telescope sellers use such images to brighten up their adverts - Telescope House currently have on their home page a banner for starter scopes with wacking big Jupiter and Saturn photos. I trust you will be complaining to them as well?

I also think that accusing them of fraud is a tad libelous. You might want to edit that comment in case they cotton on to this assassination of their product :)

Sorry that this probably sounds like a grumpy post :(, but I started with a telescope that was probably of lesser quality than that one, and if I hadn't, I wouldn't be a member of this forum today.

Does anyone know what you might actually see through such a 'telescope'? I was prompted to buy a telescope after looking at the skies through a pair of 25x10 binoculars that cost me under £15. These showed the larger craters on the moon pretty well, and even showed Jupiter as a disc with pinpoint moons and Andromeda as a fuzzy patch. All pretty amazing when you think of what you are actually looking at, so this might be of some use to someone and get them started, even if they would then want something better very quickly.

I don't know, but could this scope be superior to the one Galileo used?

I do like the marketing though. For example, 'Prestigious series in the BLACK CASING!'. Well, it worked for Skywatcher with their 'Black Diamond Line'. :)

Archived