Hello from Cumbria

GeorgeH

Hi Folks...

Well the Astronomy bug has finally bitten and I'm feeling a Christmas pressy of a telescope coming on...:)

I've been having a shufty at the diffrerent types available and not sure which one it will be just yet, think I need to go to a shop for a touchy feel with them...and obviously be guided by your good selves...

What do I fancy so far...?

• Skywatcher SkyMax 127 goto,
  • Meade DS2130,
  • Celestron SkyProdigy...

So there you go....watch this space, and feel free to advise if these are a good or poor choice

George

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL George, I'm Cumbrian too, from Carlisle.

A little advice before you spend your money.

Decide how much you wish to spend, and what you want the scope to do for you. One telescope will not do everything, although there are those that make a good effort. Once you decide, hopefully with advice from SGLers, try the Used Equipment sale boards such as Astronomy Buy and Sell UK. Bargains can be found.

You will be allowed access to SGL's For Sale Board once you have made 50 posts, and been a member for 30 days. Might be worth the wait. Don't rush into anything.

I was playing Golf in St. Bees A few weeks ago. Enjoyed it very much, and the Lunch they served up was delicious :).

Ron.

Archived