Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter getting better

Olorin

We had rain here (not a usual sight for September here) that cleaned the air and with night fall we were left with clear and clean skies with no moon.

I have also took James advice and used Registax 6 with 88 alignment points, this proved to solve the "broken glass" effect that is a result of alignment with ~20 points or less.

Thank you James!!

picture was taken 24-Sep 21:04 UT

First is only Registax 6 the Second is with a touch of UnSharp Mask in GIMP

Both are 150%

post-25865-133877665711_thumb.jpg

post-25865-133877665717_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Dror

Superb image. Like the detail you've pulled out there, and particularly around the dark spot on the NEB. A real nice curve of lighter material around its southern edge. SEB is looking exquisite too with its darker northern component and more chaotic southern one up to the GRS. Lovely stuff :p

Olorin;I dont' know,I used to think you would have to go along way to out do some of your past Saturn shots but your more recent shots of jupiter have put me in a quandry. These are subperb shots by any margin.

Very impressive. I think I almost prefer the unsharpened one. To my eye sharpening sometimes seems to "flatten" the image and make it look less "natural" even if it brings out more detail. Very good images either way though.

James

Archived