NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Checkin for cloud coverage

What weather sites do you use for checking cloud coverage? i normally use metchek but the site is constantly down.
If you're lookig for historical information then the Met Office is the best place to go - just put in your postcode for the local conditions. If you want up to date, wassit like right now? data then looking out the window is the only reliable source :glasses2:

i got my self one of those bresser astro weather stations on ebay for 16 quid , it gives good indications of weather trends , and aslo realitive humidity combined with high pressure can give an indication of the seeing conditions , lol ok its a gizmo to fill up my shed , but i give me somthin to curse at lol:icon_salut:

SAT.24 and a butchers out of the bedroom window looking west an hour before kick off for a final decision. The Met Office's forecasts are next to useless and prefer SAT.24 because you can at least see and make your own judgement about what's on its way.

James

I can highly recommend the Weather Stone. :glasses2:

For general cloud coverage I have a few images on my site. The top one combines an animated IR cloud image, rainfall raadar and lightning, then there's rainfall radar, visible cloud for the UK (no good at night :rolleyes:) and lastly an animated IR satellite image of cloud cover for Europe.

Meteox is another site, linked to Sat24.

I can highly recommend the Weather Stone. :glasses2:

For general cloud coverage I have a few images on my site. The top one combines an animated IR cloud image, rainfall raadar and lightning, then there's rainfall radar, visible cloud for the UK (no good at night :rolleyes:) and lastly an animated IR satellite image of cloud cover for Europe.

Meteox is another site, linked to Sat24.

ah the old weatherstone lol , where abouts in the western isles are you (luckybugger!)

ah the old weatherstone lol , where abouts in the western isles are you (luckybugger!)

On the East side of the Lewis, near Tiumpan Head with a nice views to the North & East over Broad bay and the Minch. :glasses2:

I used to live in Largs. :rolleyes:

Archived