Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lets talk Kelling

Doc

Not long to go and I'm getting excited :)

Went in the attic today to get the tent out, some sleeping bags and the camping stove.

The plan is to arrange the tents in a circular formation and have the observing area in the middle, what do you guys think of that?

Also what scopes are we bringing, I'm taking the following:

HEQ5

Breeser 152R

William Optics GT-81

Watec 120N+

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tents in a circular formation sound goods, makes it a lot easier to fight off attackers on horseback.

I'm sorting out the power on my eq5 as I want to use my video cam. I suppose the 200p will be on the top.

I bet you'll have loads of room in your car Mick with no light bucket to bring!

I bet you'll have loads of room in your car Mick with no light bucket to bring!

I bet it's still full, it's amazing how much stuff you need for a few days.

As we are both doing video it would be great to swap ideas and see the difference between a Samsung and a Watec.

I'm still getting to grips with the Watec, it's fantastic on the moon, and brighter DSO's but I struggle with the dimmer stuff.

I'll go along with whatever you guys say...but my tent is BIG as some have seen! The scope is the 150P-DS, nothing fancy....but we may well walk away with something different :) (if there's room in the car haha) Also want to try the starlight CCD, not had it out since buying it :)

My DD wants to go swimming, and use the sauna/steam rooms lol....might take the swimming kit, again IF there's room....I don't want to use my trailer as it will give me no recourse on room in the car and new gear! Lol.

So who's on what pitch no? I bought 227 last week...

Edit: Might not arrive until late Friday afto/early evening....would any of you guys help me pitch my beast please? TY :)

Have a great trip folks, I will be in Northumberland with my trusty St120. I think you will need space blankets, fishermans friends and lots of benedictine / hot toddy's!!

I am taking thermals!!

Good Luck

Cheers and I hope you have a good time to.

Archived