NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Ripon...

Darkstomper

Hello all.. Been reading the site for a couple of weeks and decided to say hello!

Seems a very useful and informative site, with some very helpful members. I am just considering buying my first scope and some of the articles on here are helping me narrow the search down.

I have been thrilled so far with the August meteor showers and fantastic views of the ISS.. For years all I could identify was the dipper..but in just a few weeks I am pointing out Arcturus, Vega, Jupiter and the Milky Way. It has been very rewarding with binoculars so can only dream what it will be like to see with a telescope, seeing and finding things for yourself is a wonder. What a feeling..... :(

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Darkstomper and welcome the lounge! I came here for advice when getting my first scope so I think you're in the best place. When you've narrowed your choice down to a couple, post it on the forum and someone is likely to own the scopes you're interested in so will be able to offer good advice.

Archived