Hello from Dorset, UK

Dave1

Hello im Dave. I've been interested in the stars and looking at them with my eyes since a young boy. I already reconise a few star constillations. The obvious one being the big dipper. And Polaris by its self.

I have already done alot of research into what scope to get. Including reading these forums. And all over the internet. The scope i purchased was a SkyWatcher 150PL EQ3-2 mount.

I plan in the future to do Astrophotography. That is after i have learned my way around the scope, and more importantly the night sky!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Stu. Yes there is some brillent spots in Dorset. One locally is Bulbarrow hill. It's one of the highest points in Dorset. With brillent veiws. Of Wilshire, Somerset, and Devon. It's 900 feet high. In the middle of no where. So will be brillent for the night sky.

On a plus you can still see evidence of the Iron age hill fort that used to be there!

Archived