Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello everybody!

peonic

Hi Guys,

I've been lurking on the forums as a guest for a couple of weeks, and thought it was time to register and say 'Hello'.

A month or so ago a friend showed me some images of Saturn and the moon that he'd grabbed with his Meade ETX-90 and an LPI, and I was awestruck. I've managed to borrow a small scope from a friend (a 4.5" Celestron Powerseeker) and I'm slowly starting to learn my way around the sky - I snagged my first three Messier objects last night, so only 106 to go!

I'm going to be in the market for a scope of my own in the very near future, as the Celestron has to go back to it's owner, and the bug has bitten me hard - so expect lots of daft questions and pleas for advice as I try and settle on what I want to buy.

Thanks to everyone that posts here, because I've been using the Internet as my primary base of knowlege - and on a good few occaisions I've read something, not understood it and then come here and found a perfectly sensible explanation!

Cheers,

peonic

Welcome to SGL peonic. This is a great site for info and they're such a friendly bunch too. Any ideas yet on what you're looking to invest in?

Cheers, Martin

I had a chat with Steve at FLO last week who pointed me at the Skywatcher 200P on an HEQ5 Pro - although not the easiest scope to lug away from my light-polluted backyard it seems to be a good compromise for what I want to do (look at stuff, take some baby-steps into imaging).

That said, I think I may have accidently/fortunately got my other half interested after showing her Saturn and a couple of fuzzies last night, so maybe I can consider the 250PX instead.... :D

Peonic

Hi Peonic

That's a good set-up. Lot's of people on here have that or similar. I saw one in a shop window in Oban at the weekend - looked very nice but pretty hefty looking though for lugging around. BTW, Steve's price is good as the one I saw had a price tag that was a fair bit dearer and you get the SGL discount too!

Good luck with it.

Cheers, Martin

Archived