Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dome on a House!

BlueAstra

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I recognise this house from a lecture I watched. Is it reasonably close to the beach?

On the vid I watched, the dome was built ontop of a structure that was isolated from the rest of the house with a large airgap and the pier goes top to bottom :)

Looks very similar.

I think I recognise this house from a lecture I watched. Is it reasonably close to the beach?

On the vid I watched, the dome was built ontop of a structure that was isolated from the rest of the house with a large airgap and the pier goes top to bottom :)

Looks very similar.

No this was inland miles from any beach.

Looks very similar.

Unless the San Andreas fault has recently caused a few states to slip into the Pacific, Arizona doesn't have a beach view that I'm aware of! :(

That gives a better view of the house. The dome is on one side of the house and may give a good view in that direction. And the house is on a big rock so the dome may not have much "house" below it. It's certainly high up and well clear of any trees or other obstructions.

How the other half live hey. More money in a roof over their head than I could ever dream of earning in a life time. Just how do some people get so rich ???

Hard work and the right breaks.

Hard work is the easy part...........

I may be wrong but is Arizona not so hot they have a desert ? There must be 5 chimneys on that house.:)

You should read 'A Man In Full' by Tom Wolfe. There's a great scene in which the millionaire host is piling roaring logs onto his mock-Tudor dining room open fire in New Orleans and the butler warns him that the aircon might not be able to cope...

No pictures of the Kitschen??

Olly

Archived