SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Dome on a House!

BlueAstra

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have enough trouble keeping our little bungalow clean, I wouldn't want a big house :)

And no doubt I shall be quite satisfied with my bespoke wooden shed observatory when I've built it :(

I also came across an article in a recent American astro mag (s&t?) that described a similar dome on a house installation in New England. The chap built a concrete pillar three stories high to mount the scope, then built the house round it, each floor separated by a small gap!

I think I recognise this house from a lecture I watched. Is it reasonably close to the beach?

On the vid I watched, the dome was built ontop of a structure that was isolated from the rest of the house with a large airgap and the pier goes top to bottom :)

Looks very similar.

Do you mean an amazing talk by Dr. Mario Motta on his 32" Relay Telescope? (click the 1:49 thumbnail to see the house in question.)

Watch Mega Home_made Telescope PART ONE Online - VideoSurf Video Search

I thoroughly enjoyed Mario's talk. :D

Archived