Cloud free! Am I dreaming?

Rorth72

OK.. it is nearly dark. And there isn't a cloud in the sky. Dobbie is set up in the garden ready and waiting.... it's been a long time since he has some ancient photos of light bouncing around inside him.

*fingers crossed it will stay clear*

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately not I think, it was forecast clear sky here - and guess what? Its chucking down with rain!

Well done mess office! (slow clapping)

Sat24 confirms the amount of cloud heading southwards, though Sat24 has had a few hiccups today (quite a few missing frames) in visual mode, IR mode is still ok.

I've just packed everything up... :)

It's been clear on an off all day! Set everything up ready for my first imaging this YEAR, and I've just check sat24 and packed it all away again :(

Shame as I had a mag -7 flare in just over 30 minutes time.

Ant

Cloudy here tonight and the BBC forecast suggests that it will be this way for the next 5 days, I sure hope this doesn't persist much longer after that as I want at least some chance of spotting the new SN in M101. I wonder how long it will remain at around peak brightness for, it would be lovely to see one at mag 10!

Well on the way back from visiting my father in hospital, the skies were clearing... got t home and it was clear apart from some front on the horizon so rolled back the roof, powered every up, focused the camera on Vega pointed to M57 and noticed a few clouds had rolled in. Took one shot of M57 and then it was more like spot the clear gap between the clouds rather than spot the clouds... By the time I parked the scope and closed the observatory down it was almost blanket cloud cover :)

It's stunningly clear here - I've just shown my son's friends (all 13 if them here for a barbecue) the wonderful sight of Vega - sadly, it looks like they are here for the duration or until the beer and wine run out so I will not be doing any imaging tonight :)

Been waiting till it got nice and dark. I go outside and can't believe my eyes, 90% cloud cover. There was no clouds just a couple of hours ago :-( *leaves Dobbie out for another hour in the vain chance of the clouds dissipating*

Been waiting till it got nice and dark. I go outside and can't believe my eyes, 90% cloud cover. There was no clouds just a couple of hours ago :-( *leaves Dobbie out for another hour in the vain chance of the clouds dissipating*

Same as me. Cloud's obviously come down from the north, swamping us 'southeners' :)

Just managed to get in a field test for my new observatory. I needed to see if the new position of the pier would clear the proposed obsy walls. YES.. I can now see the northern skies. :)

Archived