Hi everyone!

kylee

My name is Kylee and i'm new to this forum however I have used the site and peoples reviews when buying my first scope.

I have been gazing at the sky all my life but only in January did I realise that astronomy was accessible for normal people like me.

I have joined a local society and am loving it :smiley:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kylee

A very warm welcome to the SGL, congratulation on your on your new scope

you didn't mention what scope you got ,we are all nosey like that and you are not that far from me

clear skies

Doug

Essex

Welcome, Kylee! I love this site because of wonderful people like you who, in all innocence, write things like "but only in January did I realise that astronomy was accessible for normal people like me". You will soon come to realize that there is nothing at all "normal" about being starstruck and spending hours gazing skyward at night (just think of the people in the Great North, and the winters they brave to check out the beauties of Orion, if you want examples of total OCDs enamored of a happy pastime). And, if you still think "normal" people engage in this fascinating avocation, look up Tycho Brahe and Edwin Hubble and some of the things they are alleged to have engaged in! But anyway, welcome aboard!

Archived