Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

my new scope

space3

my new CGEM 925 has arrived from FLO,

its replacing my old c6"sgt which I sold a few weeks back,

I cant get over the size of this thing in my living room, and the mount is so heavy compared to my old cg5,

it looks the part, cant wait to get it out

were having very bad weather over here lately but the last few days were brilliant so I thought Id have clear skies for the new scope, but guess what, yesterday morning the clouds and rain were back, and sure enough yesterday the scope arrived lol

post-22144-13387763464_thumb.jpg

thanks guys,

im really chuffed with it,

with my old scope i lost two of the screws on the tripod tightening knobs because the were probably never tight in the first place, and i remember having problems with the old power tank, the fuse housing broke and i hade to open it all up and fix, made me think that the finishing touches were poorly carried out, just simple things like making sure every thing is tight,

i repair cars for a living and it essential that when i have finished a job i go back over and make sure every nut, bolt and screw is tight,

any how, ive done a dummy run here in the living room just to make sure all the goto is working, and thankfully it all appears to be ok, but the cable from the hand control to mount is short, maybe this will stretch out a bit with use, any one know of replacement longer cables? also the hand control bracket

doesnt fit to the leg, its about 5mm to wide, slides all the way

down the leg, lol,

hopefully ill get clear skies soon :)

thanks guys,

i cant wait to get it out and see what its like,

my father was laughing at the thoughts of me lugging this set up out to an observing site, lol

i went with the 9.25 instead of the 11" because i want to put a refractor on top for photography, but i think the 11"+the refractor would be to much weight for the mount for photography,

im looking at on the FLO sit at the sky watcher refractors,

the equinox are 80 f6.25 and 100 f9

the evostar are 80 f7.5 and 100 f9,

my understanding is the 80mm will leave alot of dso small, as the 100 will give me bigger images, and the 80 being lower F numbers will be better for exposure times, also i should say i know nothing about astrophotography, i have atached my camera to my old c6" and took images of m42 and m51 and the planets, which was brilliant to see detail in the deep sky objects, now i dont expect to get images like some of the ones i see being posted here, but i do want to start, and be able to get reasonable results, to see spiral arms in galaxys and nice colour in nebula, my thinking is i may be better to go with a sw80 because of the lower F number,

what do you guys think?

I'm not sure but with the long focal length of the 9.25 you'll need about 600mm fl on the guide scope?

I used to guide my old c8 with a celestron 102 slt scope perfectly with a QHY5 guide camera,but with your nice new set up i'd get a nice shiny apo :)

have you used it yet and whats your thoughts ?

hi, I didnt get to use it, with the weather, also on weekdays its too late to go out with the early morning start, so it has to be a weekend night with a clear sky, now thats like a needle in a hay stack, lol :)

but im really looking forward to getting it out,

Archived