NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Night in the obsy ! WOOT!

Earl

Well that will do me tonight as I have an early start.

Spent the evening with the EQmod polar alignment, so im now in the rough area, (i did not intend to get it to drift accuracy tonight)

Then played with alignment models, parking shut-down restarts and unparking.

I think I have that sorted.

Then the best part, 5 min to shut-down close the roof and make a coffee.

Awesome now this I can get used to.:) worth all the hard work !

Yep, it's a great feeling, isn't it - congrats..............of course now you have to have your initiation.........unseasonally wet and cloudy weather for at least 2 weeks...........jus' kiddin'......enjoy it and may you have many cloudless nights.

It would appear that i need to look into the parking and unparking closer as my aligment although on the fist night was sweet it was of when i restarted so i must of done something wrong.

Iwanted to get some moon shots but it was hiding behind a roof :|

Well thankfully the rain has now arrived and I only have 1 leak, I am a little surprised by this so ill see how it goes.

But to those are wondering should i build an observatory.

Yes Yes Yes.

Im still not all set up as i wish to be, but with a bit of work I will be :)

is it a small or major leak ?

I must admit it seemed strange wanting it to rain so I could leak test my obsy... yeah I know you could simulate rain with a hose pipe but it's not quite the same.

Earl, guess we'll just have to wait for those clear nights to complete the setting up. Me - I'm swatting up on drift alignment :)

Archived