Hello :-)

wycboi

Hello

Im Kevin, I am 26 and been doing astronomy for 2 years now. Living in London I do not have the best viewing place however on a dark night I can see everything that is amazing.

I have a Meade 105 ETX and have never got used to using the goto as i could never callibrate it. Maybe another fellow astronomer in London or west London could help?

I was also looking for a camera to fit on my telescope and was looking for a Nikon - i have seen a Nikon for about £200 and would need the piggy back for £50 - anyone help me on this and what model would be the best to start of with?

I am specifically looking for someone (or a group) to look at the stars with in my area and learn more about astronomy. Preferably someone from the Planetarium or RAS but anybody really.

So yeah. Hello everyone!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kev, welcome to SGL! :D

plenty of good advice to be had here. I would check in the imaging section on your camera question, one thing I would say is perhaps a Canon camera would also be worth considering. Plenty of members do use them to great effect.

Hi there Kevin, welcome to SGL :D

Before diving into astro-photography I really recommend that you read Making Every Photon Count (by SGL's very own steppenwolf).

Easy to read, it's full of good advice aimed at the imaging novice, including choosing the right equipment - explaining what kit you'll need and, more importantly, why. Helping you avoid poor choices and costly mistakes. There's also loads of tips 'n' tricks as well as lots of other vital stuff.

Have a trawl through the imaging sections too. They're full of info and some very experienced and talented folk who, I'm sure, will be more than happy to share advice and guidance with you.

HTH :p

Archived