Hi from Hexam

Geordie mc

Greeting all. I've just joined and indeed just started in astronomy despite being an oldie. Only used new scope once to do some lunar observing. Loved it! Since then most nights have been either cloudy or at my latitude too light for me to stay up late enough and then go to work:( Roll on autumn.

Had a quick look around the Lounge and seems fantastic. Looking forward to using it more for advice and general chat. If I can help I will but am new so this may be rare.

Good seeing.

Geordie

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Geordie

You will find many helpful souls in here ready to answer any questions you have. Enjoy.

By the way - what are your skies like in hexam - I visit kielder starcamp frequently and love it - you don't seem far away from there.

Regards

Rob

Hi Rob and Alan. Thanks for the welcome. Hexham is a pretty good are for skies. I actually live a couple of miles north in a small village with no streetlights:) Sadly, more and more people seem to be using all night security lights though. If I drive for 10 minutes I can be in open country by Hadrian's Wall and excellent dark skies in most directions and only a faint glow from Newcastle 30 miles East of me. Hoping to get to Kielder this year and check out the observatory up there.

Archived