Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Vote: Which is your favourite Eyepiece Focal length - and why?

F15Rules

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My scopes vary in focal length from 663mm to 1200mm so my favourite eyepiece depends on the scope I'm using at the time.

I guess it would have to be either the 13mm or 8mm Ethos as these marvelous eyepieces are so flexible that, depending on the scope, I could almost go a whole night without changing eyepiece.

I luv my 31 Nagler for the wide views, and Pentax high powers for lunar / planetary. But in terms of overall use, value and function, can't beat the balance of power and FOV of the mighty 24 mm Panoptic.....IMHO.

My vote is for the one I use the most, that being the 32mm that came with my Celestron EP and filter kit.

I use it to locate and centre all my targets before zooming in with an object-suited EP.

dag123

31mm Hyperion for widefield and finding bits.

11mm ES 82 as the workhorse.

6.7mm Meade 4000 UWA has been my planetary eyepiece for almost two years now. But now passed onto my son as i have the ES 82 6.7mm on the way.

For me my favourite EP would be the Televue Nagler 3-6mm Zoom followed very closely by the Nagler 13mm T6.

Most of my observing is lunar/planetary viewing mixed in with double star, globular cluster and planetary nebula hunting all with my 3" ED Refractor. :smiley:

Archived