Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

????????????? Hmmmm

spaceboy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably is 120mm ; the seller then 'confused' measurements with inches , looked at a range of other scopes going 6 inch, 8 inch, 10 inch, 12 inch.,..... ah "12..." something that rings a bell. It must be a 12 inch scope then....

They should do a Sunday night entertainment show on the TV, taking the mickey out of the pick of the best in entertaining fleabay adverts.

I'd give him the benefit of an 8" which was the largest aperture newt that was marketed under the "Helios" brand as I recall. I'm saying that because it looks a bit like a 2" focuser which the 6" ones did not have. Definately not a 12" and definately very undermounted.

He has possibly measured the tube diameter and "rounded up". Someone had a Bresser 5" refractor on there a few days ago that had done the same thing - I dropped them an e.mail and they revised it to 102mm - still with a £300 "buy it now" though !.

Thats certainly an old type eq3-2, the tube does loook very big for mount. I think it looks like a 200mm like others have said.

I do doubt that a 200mm could take a single wieght... i suspect it is not balanced

Just when we were starting to attract more female members to the hobby, THIS thread happened.............:)

Read it back guys, it sounds SOOO geeky. ;)

I thought the size debate would probably attract more females? :)

Archived