Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M81 & M82 Unguided.

Simms

Well, here is tonights effort - really pleased with this - I would say my best DSO image yet - made up of 15 x 2min subs & equal darks - the camera is still outside getting some more subs but I wont be able to process them until tomorrow. Hope this looks as good on here as it does in photoshop.

Must of had good polar alignment tonight as this was unguided - I think I could of pushed it to 3 min subs but was a bit concerned about Periodic error setting in.

Comments would be appreciated!

post-23171-133877617565_thumb.jpg

Wow - I dream of taking pictures like this. Is your camera modded?

Nope, not modded at all! Its actually my general day to day work camera - primarily used for weddings and events!

Nope, not modded at all! Its actually my general day to day work camera - primarily used for weddings and events!

It may not be modded but it is quite a camera - I looked up the Canon 1D - it sounded expensive, and it is! Although the mk 3 is 1000 pounds cheaper at the moment than the mk 4...

Judging by M82 you have excellent sensitivity to Ha anyway. Obviously the filter in front of the 1D chip is not as indiscriminate as on the more mass-market models.

Nice work....well captured. I had a quick look at the jpeg in photoshop, and I suspect there is a lot more to be brought out, especially in the spiral arms of M81. Unfortunately, the jpeg doesn't respond well to stretching!! The 16 bit master should be fine to push a little more though.

Cheers

Rob

Archived