Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

so angry!!

M3 Andy

Right....I orderd a skywatcher skymax 127 alt-az from a place called bristol camera's. They said it would take around 2-3 working day's for it to come. Anyways its been just over a week so I phoned them just to see where it is. Was told it would be here ASAP. Then about an hour later a had an email telling me there out of stock and it would be a therther 3 weeks!

What do I do now! I want one ASAP?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear about that:(

Im sorry i have no idea as to your rights so i cant really comment, but if they said it would arrive in 2-3 working day and now they are telling you they are out of stock and it will be 3 weeks i would imagine you are entitaled too a full and instant refund on your money.

You could be in theory moving house in 2 weeks or anything so you should be entitaled to a refund i would imagine. Hopefully one of the more exsperianced members might be able to shed more light on this for you.

If i was in the same position id be on the phone right now demanding a refund.

A familiar story I'm sorry to say.

Clearly this company do not know what they are doing.

Get on the phone for an immediate refund.

You don't want to be doing business with someone who gives the wrong information.

Next step. Look at & talk to the 'proper' telescope suppliers.

FLO, RVO, Green Wich and the rest. Apologies to those I have missed.

If one of them has the '127 in stock, great.

Otherwise they will order it from the importer.

Even if you don't get the scope tomorrow, at least you will get honest delivery statements.

Hope this helps,

David.

Most of us buy from astronomy retailers, not camera shops, because they have the expertise to advise on the little bits and bobs which can be a pain and they should get the main sale as well, certainly in my view.

Olly

Most of us buy from astronomy retailers, not camera shops, because they have the expertise to advise on the little bits and bobs which can be a pain and they should get the main sale as well, certainly in my view.

Olly

i know what your saying but they where £30 cheaper so i thought i would save abit.

i know for next time now.

emailed rvo and flo to see if they have it in stock.

carnt get through to bristol cam's the line is bizzy.......tipical.

I ordered a filter off them before bank holidays to use over the holiday and spoke to them at length to get same day despatch and it still took ages to arrive.

Not great

Same experience with BC last year with a long lens for the DSLR. Ordered online, only to find by later email it was out of stock. 2-3 weeks turned into 8. They blamed Olympus. I rang Olympus and relayed the story. Olympus kindly told me they had 2000+ in stock, so no reason why "they couldn't get hold of one tomorrow if they wanted".

After a "forthright" discussion with BC it transpires the "excellent" price was only a result of them breaking camera kit packages up to sell the individual elements. They hadn't any of those kits in at the moment, and didn't know when they would have. Needless to say a refund was forthcoming and someone else got the business.

Never been back...

what's the difrance between them?

I believe they are the same except that the Goto on the Celestron is a little better than the Skymax (easier star alighnment I think). My brother in law has one and it is a good, easy to use scope.

Best to give FLO a call I reckon, they will set it all straight.

Cheers

Jeremy

Common problem with some suppliers. I may be a cynical old sod, but I reckon that they quote you a short delivery time in order to get your order and hope that, by the time you find out it's not actually in stock, you'll reckon it's worth waiting instead of risking the same rigmarole with another supplier.

As a matter of course, I cancel and never use that supplier again. It also pays to be familiar with the Distance Selling Regulations, which state that they must:

• give consumers clear information including details of the goods or services offered, delivery arrangements and payment, the supplier's details and the consumer's cancellation right before they buy (known as prior information)
  • provide this information in writing

They have already broken their agreement re delivery (and if they didn't give it to you in writing, they have broken the law) so, if they are anything other than helpful when you cancel, start muttering "Trading Standards" and "Distance Selling Regulations".

how fast are there delivery's and do they add on p+p?

thanks for your help.

I personally have only ever bought a book from them, but it was normal kind off time (from memory!)

FLO come highly recommened from alot of people on this site so I reckon you would be in good hands. And yes there will be a little P+P at the checkout. Best to call them though if you want to be sure that they are in stock.

Cheers

Jeremy

I to had an experince with them, ordered a mains power supply for my camera, got an email saying 3 to 4 days for delivery, a week later was told out of stock and it would be a month - I canceled the order and got my cash back

John B

I can add my possibly irrelevant tuppence worth here. I ordered a Skywatcher startravel 120 eq3-2 for a great price from 'Warehouse Express' The experience has left me with a few retailers i'd ONLY use again.

Al

Archived