Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Oh the pain!!!

Andrew INT

Well, I found a nice dark location last night for some landscape photography.

It was a very dark site- so much so in fact, that when I took all the kit out of the car and went to close to door, I couldnt even see where the car was! The end result was that I shut the door onto my thumb :D

I did a good job - the door closed completly - I had to drop the kit and open the door with my free hand. I am now sporting a very black thumb! Mind you, it kept my hand warm all night...just a shame my photos were all out of focus...

Ha Ha! Sorry, but I can afford to laugh! I did that when I was 8, chopped the end off my thumb! And the door locked 'cos we'd been 'trained' to push the button down. I had to wait 30 minutes before someone came to look for me then unlock the door. Still got a split nail and a lovely scar 40 years later....

Hope the ache goes away soon!

I work in a distillery and have to man handle the big whisky barrels, 650kg of whisky butt locking my thumb and scraping it against the wall = not good, never did it again though

Wait till the nail comes off :D

I work in a distillery and have to man handle the big whisky barrels, 650kg of whisky butt locking my thumb and scraping it against the wall = not good, never did it again though

Wait till the nail comes off :)

Were you not tempted to take a wee dram (medicinal purposes only of course) :D

I feel your pain. I did exactly the same years ago in my MGB drivers door. I remember the terrible pain and then the stark realisation that I had to rummage for my car keys to unlock the door. All the time looking at the tiny gap in the door that half my thumb disappeared into and wondering if it was severed. Fortunately it wasn't but hurt like blazes for three days and turned black and blue. Good luck with yours BTW.

Archived