M81/82 a cautionary tale.

ollypenrice

This is proving a marathon. I added 3.5 hours of Ha to the LRGB and the Ha barely showed above the red till I murderously wrung its neck. It needs the same again in Ha. Now this would probably do me as M81 and M82 but it was meant to have the Integrated Flux as well, which it obvously doesn't! I will give it three more nights before going off, tail twixt legs, to another target.

Olly

TEC140, Atik 4000 mono.

halrgb%20iteration4-XL.jpg

cigar%20iteration4-X2.jpg

iteration4%20m81-X2.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it slightly depressing that you are not impressed with these images. personally I think they are magnificent. I would be over the moon if i had managed these - well done. Do not do yourself down Olly

This is proving a marathon. I added 3.5 hours of Ha to the LRGB and the Ha barely showed above the red till I murderously wrung its neck. It needs the same again in Ha. Now this would probably do me as M81 and M82 but it was meant to have the Integrated Flux as well, which it obvously doesn't! I will give it three more nights before going off, tail twixt legs, to another target.

Olly

TEC140, Atik 4000 mono.

It's getting to be really lovely.

I would like to differ on the point of the flux - you are getting there. There's a hint of the "glasses" near M81, which are the teltale sign you're getting the flux.

I wouldn't give up, and go for LUM LUM LUM on the flux now. It's going to be a wild resutl.

Cheers,

Harel :D

Great result Olly, well worth the time you have given it, flux or no flux.:D:hello2:

As a matter of personal tase, I like a little less colour, for me it looks more natural with less colour.

Mike.

I confess all the technoimagerspeak is alien to me Olly...but I think your images are amazing...when you think that 20 years ago you wouldn't get those kind of images unless you bought a professional standard astro book...

well done sir!!

Dave

Archived