NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M81 from last night.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Got out and set up ready to have a go at NGC1977 the running man, but he hadn't run round from behind the tree yet, so I went North and aimed at M81. This is one of those easy to image and hard to process ones, where the centre is a white blob before the arms show up, so I'm pleased that I managed this.

Atik 16HR + CLS filter in a 200mm f/5 Newt. on a HEQ5 mount guided by a Toucam stuck up a 500mm f/8 camera lens.

Captured in Artemis Capture, guided by K3CCD, stacked and DDPed in Maxim, tweaked and shrunk in Photoshop CS2.

8 subs at 60 seconds unbinned.

Clouds stopped play.

image.jpg

Click to biggerise.

(Now I need to find a way to stop the JPEGing from posterising these things)

Captain Chaos

Hi CC,

I love that. Really good. Detail all over the place. I think this one is difficult due to the very faint outer stuff versus the bright bright core.

And getting all that detail out of only 8x1min subs unbinned!

Excellent stuff.

Anthony

• 2 weeks later...

HI CC,

Very nice image...I've not been able to image for a few months since I've moved. But, I've peeked at the forum from time to time and have noticed a great improvement in your pics and processing skills... Ole Rog, had better watch out. Lol.

Good job mate...I Hope to rejoin the imaging gang soon.

Doug Neal

Archived