Hello from New York

JohnnyD333

Hello all,

I'd like to say greetings to everyone and thank all of you for the great info. This site has gotten me through some tough situations in the Astronomy world.

I live about an hour north of NYC so I get some nice skies. Astronomy has always been important to me; I look foward to getting out and imaging everyday (although the weather often has other plans). I'm a Technology Teacher for Middle School students and I hope to bring in Astronomy to the curriculum someday (Aeronautics is in the curriculum, Im planning on squeezing it in) :)

Anyway, I'll be reading your great posts and hopefully get even better advice from all of you.

JD :eek:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi JD, and welcome from another new boy!

From over here, one would imagine that the light pollution from New York City must be horrendous - how far away do you have to be to get decent night skies?

Best wishes,

Tom

As much as I like the city, I live just far away enough for nice skies. Its nice to visit, but I like to hear crickets at night instead of traffic:D

Hi and welcome from me also :)

I love the sound of crickets too.

Archived