Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lidl selling ironing seats

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got one this morning. Looks very good. Very robust and steady, should be fairly easy to operate the pin adjustment in the dark. One drawback I see is that the lowest setting is 22' from the ground but it should be easy enought to drill more holes in the lower section maximum distance from the ground 12" You cannot obtain settings between 22" and 12" due to the framwork design. I hope this info will help those considering this stool. However at £9.99 is a bargain.

Well, got one, looks like it will do the job a treat. My LX10 tripod is a fixed height and I'm always bending over so this will take a load off. Adjustment on the Lidl one is via a huge pin, takes about 5 seconds, The Aldi one has two large bolts which will take longer. It could do with going a bit lower, but it's still a great back saver. I bet you could even use it for something like ironing :lol:

I also picked one up this morning. Didn't have to fight my way through a scrum of stargazers, as I thought I might have too :lol: I haven't put it up yet, but it feels fairly solid (i.e. has some weight to it). I note the point about drilling a hole lower down and will probably do this. I actually do the ironing in my household, although the 10 year old step-son has recently been bribed to do his school stuff, so I may even use it for that purpose too. A bargain at £9.99.

Cheers, Martin

Just bought one on my way home from work, must say its good quality and quite heavy, here's a couple of piccys I just took:

chair1.JPG

This shows the different height settings and its all done with a very large easy to find in the dark pin :lol:

chair2.JPG

This is at its full height, must say its quite comfy, be even better with a footrest (something to make?)

So everyone go get one :D

Just how sturdy are these? I've not seen one up close, but looking at it I'd be wary of it collapsing, especially if your a big bloke. It just looks too flimsy. The seat just doesn't look supported well enough. I'm certain it's been safety tested to a maximum weight but I dunno...I'm sure you guys will put me in the picture regarding its sturdiness. I bought the hydraulic mechanics chair from Aldi a month or two back for £15. One handed operation for height and goes low enough for your refractor at the Zenith. Only way I'd fall off that chair is if I'm stoated :lol:

Archived