Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AR2403 from 22nd Aug

Luke

Hi fuel scoopers,

I spent far too long messing about with sharpening on this, as it was nice seeing I think on that day. I ran out of steam before even thinking about colour! I hope it has survived, you kind of go blind to these things after a while :shocked:

20736623019_33245166e4_o.jpg

---

AR2403, 22nd August, 2015

Equinox 120, Quark Chromosphere, Grasshopper 3 camera (ICX687), 0.5x reducer

Great image. Worth the time spent getting it right. And you're right, you do go blind to it after trying too many different settings. I find myself going back to my base "known good" seeting" and thinking "actually that's as good if not better than all this other stuff I have tried" :grin:

Looking forward to some good proms when this AR hits the limb but need something new in the east to fill the void once it's gone.

Thanks everyone! :smiley:

Am I right in thinking there is a slight tinge in there?

Also, Fuel scoopers.

You are right Jarrod, there is a bit of colour. I feel like just a bit of colour adds some depth over mono somehow, but I think I often try and add a bit of subtle colour and then when I see it later is looks less subtle than I thought it did.

2403 has been on a rampage all week.  I'm looking forward to when it approaches the limb.  We may be in for some more treats.

It's been a lovely AR :laugh:  I hope we get to see it come around once more.

And you're right, you do go blind to it after trying too many different settings. I find myself going back to my base "known good" seeting" and thinking "actually that's as good if not better than all this other stuff I have tried" :grin:

It is a funny thing, this processing game.  Sometimes I take a break and come back to the image where I think I got the colour just how I want it, and it's, erm, a bit crazy! It seems to happen with brightness, contrast, sharpness, colour. Everything, I guess!!

Yes sometimes I do tweak here, a tweak there, a little adjustment there. Then I look at one from 20 mins ago and prefer that one.  It is astonishing how many different ways you could process a solar image. Which is great I think as no two piccies ever look the same to me even when most of us get a shot in at a similar time 

Though I must admit there is probably a reason why your CaK looks different to my h-alpha  :grin:

Looks very nice, Luke.  I know what you mean about "going blind".  Sometimes it pays to have a break and come back after some time away.

Very true James. I think I will try to have some of my processed images to hand next time where I think contrast/colour/sharpness is close to my taste and see if that helps to stop those pesky pixels straying too far  :police:

Thanks everyone! :smiley:

You are right Jarrod, there is a bit of colour. I feel like just a bit of colour adds some depth over mono somehow, but I think I often try and add a bit of subtle colour and then when I see it later is looks less subtle than I thought it did.

I quite like it like that, I definitely think it adds something to the pics. It was something I was starting to do with Lunar pics too.

:grin:

hqdefault.jpg

:)

Ahh I see, I will have to wait until it hits the PS4 before I can play it.

Archived