SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Whats up everybody?!

SCotton15

Hello everyone! Im new to the site and really just on here to communicate with family who live in England. Im interested in the stars and space, but know just some of the basics. I was told tho that everyone talks about anything and im a HUGE sports fan and always up for a good sports convo!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL, Shawn!

Be honest, you know more than the basics, You knew how to use the old 8" dob I left with you guys when I headed for Old Blighty 13 years ago.

And I know you're a Tiger fan :eek: , and a Lions fan :eek: , and a Pistons fan :eek: , and a Red Wings fan :eek: , and a whatever they call their soccer team fan :confused: . But I like you anyway!

At least you root for the Maize and Blue!  :grin:

Dana

Hello and welcome to the star-crazy gang. There are many ways to keep contact with your friends/family so I think there is more to your choice of forum than just communication. :wink:

It sounds to me like you are more interested in Astronomy than you suggest, so you have definitely come to the right place and I really hope you enjoy your place here and grow in your hobby.

All the best

Bob

Welcome Shawn, I'm sure SGL will enhance your knowledge of Astronomy in general.

Most of our Forum boards are related to the subject, but we do have an area set aside for general chat, including Sports Subjects.

If you wish to start a discussion on your personal sports subject. the The Lounge   is the place to do it.

Don't get confused with the Astro Lounge though, that is strictly Astronomy,

Best Wishes, and enjoy your stay with us.

Ron.

Thank you everyone. Im excited to be here and check everything out!

Dont get more wrong, i've always loved studying astronomy or even just looking at the night sky. I just no longer have a telescope so makes things a bit more difficult to follow. Looking forward to checking out all the cool pics and convos about everything there is on the site!

And Dana, of course I love the Maize and Blue! And i know u secretly have some deep down love for the boys in DETROIT!! Lol Have fun at the game today and GO TIGERS!!!

Welcome Shawn, I'm sure SGL will enhance your knowledge of Astronomy in general.

Most of our Forum boards are related to the subject, but we do have an area set aside for general chat, including Sports Subjects.

If you wish to start a discussion on your personal sports subject. the The Lounge   is the place to do it.

Don't get confused with the Astro Lounge though, that is strictly Astronomy,

Best Wishes, and enjoy your stay with us.

Ron.

Well thank you for the guidance. I'll make sure to check everything out!

Archived