Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 14TH April

neil phillips

For quite a few different reasons I haven't done any astronomy. Missed some better calmer weather around here I am sure.

Seeing seemed reasonable but of course Jupiter is now smaller and dimmer, And I got most of the best shots, in the worst location over my House roof,

I also didn't get the scope cooled well enough early on, so it took until the end of the night, before the Orion was giving its best.

Still got a couple of reasonable shots considering everything. Bit rusty on the processing maybe ?

post-2700-0-15558500-1429073943.png

Excellent work Neil.  In terms of processing, I would recommend taking it easy on the wavelets and using a high-pass filter for sharpening.

Cheers Nick

I did use a high pass filter when I had photoshop, I need to find a program with that. I have read it an be done with gimp. But seems to be more messing about than the photoshop version.

Archived