Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC1333 region

Mike Hawtin

It's cold, wet and miserable here today so I had a go at reprocessing data I took in January to pass the time, my first efforts at the start of the year were stretched much too far and looked very noisy.  This one is processed as a LLRGB image in an attempt to smooth things out a bit, it's more dark and moody though still a bit noisy even so.  Taken through a C6 Hyperstar with an Atik 428EX, 30 x 300 sec luminance, 12 x 320 sec blue, 12 x 350 sec red and 12 x 300 sec green for a total of 5.7 hours, I hope you like it.

post-6382-0-89091400-1417097311_thumb.jp

Thank you all for your very kind comments, despite the poor data in the blue channel I'm pretty pleased with the way this turned out, but, and there's always a "but" isn't there?  I really need to get to grips with PI's noise reduction tools.

Thanks again.

Impressive    :)

Mosaic? Go on... you know you want to :D

Perhaps I will, I often do mosaics with the Hyperstar and this would make a very nice wide field subject.

A belter, like I said on another thread once of my favorite areas of sky.

Mark

Thanks Mark, yes there sure is plenty going on in this part of the sky.

Mike

Archived