NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M42 from Atacama desert ....

sguisard

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looking at your website again and some of your images are simply stunning. In some of the wide field shotsI'm completely struck by how bright the moon must be when its up! In some (http://sguisard.astrosurf.com/Pagim/Tikal1.html) the temple almost looks like its in daylight and yet still has a perfect starry sky above. The talent to take some of those images is phenomenal, its pleasure to see them. May I ask what type of equipment you use in terms of lenses and cameras (the best equipment aside - a fantastic unpolluted sky!)?

Thanks

Will

Thanks to everybody for the nice  comments.

Twisted Lip  : For Astronomical landscape/monument pictures I use Canon 5dII camera. My lenses are the Canon L serie ones (14 / 24 /35 / 50)  ... these are the fast (but I never use them wide open), heavy and expensive ones .... but there are very good and much cheaper  alternatives to these ones, for example Samyang 14 and 35 mm etc ....

Stéphane

Just looking at your website again and some of your images are simply stunning. In some of the wide field shotsI'm completely struck by how bright the moon must be when its up! In some (http://sguisard.astrosurf.com/Pagim/Tikal1.html) the temple almost looks like its in daylight and yet still has a perfect starry sky above. The talent to take some of those images is phenomenal, its pleasure to see them. May I ask what type of equipment you use in terms of lenses and cameras (the best equipment aside - a fantastic unpolluted sky!)?

Thanks

Will

Archived