Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Success!!!

Andrew*

sorry, but I was under the impression that one of the astronomers' greatest ambitions was to get the partner on their side??

I don't quite see what's odd. There was a similar thread quite recently. I'll try dig it up.

Andrew

Andrew well done for getting the misses involved..I have tried with lilmited success for many years..

My claim to fame was Saturn in the Newtonian...and the reply was ..

"Ooo that's nice, can I go back to bed now."

It was 2am when I called her :shock:

Intermittent success with my husband...

The comet would have been a hit - he went on his own to the top of a mountain with his camera, but got clouded out (probably just as well because if he'd seen it and I hadn't!!). Solar viewing was a hit last week, but less enthusiasm tonight when I dragged him out in his slippers in the snow to see Mercury!!

But even so, he's really supportive, doesn't complain too much when I turn up in bed late freeezing cold, and has a reasonable attitude to me buying gear (in return for me having a reasonable attitude to camera gear!). :rolleyes:

Now if we could combine the two and get into astrophotography....

Helen

My better half ACTUALLY SAID when taking a peep in the TAL1 the other night; 'Wow! - Saturn looks really good in this one!' Rushed straight back into the warmth VERY quickly afterwards though.

Will try her with some weekend solar viewing in the warm season whe she'll be outside on the lounger anyway.

Imaging is the way forward in our house. She's no interest in being cold at all. The transcript, with translations (for those who are not with a partner of several years):-

"What time do you call this then?" = "What have you been looking at tonight darling?"

"Go and get me a beer, I'm frozen daft!" = "Have you checked your e-mails? I sent you a picture of it"

"Bog off, I'm watching strictly skating big X factor" = "just a tick - wow, what's that? It's lovely"

"I'm off for a shower" = "I've missed you, have you had a nice evening sweetheart?"

"Well be quiet and get your own beer" = ""OK, see you in a bit, then we'll have a nice chat"

The day after, she gets to look at some ridiculously far off blob (representing the hunter's catch) alongside a picture in a book, harumphs that it looks a bit the same, but mine's the wrong way round. Then she tells all her mates at work about it.

Get the picture?

Captain Chaos

My partner is infuriating when I'm watching a "spacey" program on tv.

"they don't really KNOW any of that stuff! EVERYTHING is just conjecture and theory. I mean nobody has actually gone out and measured the distance to the sun with a tape measure! It's all rubbish. When's "what not to wear on"? "

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I give up!

Paul

Archived