SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Clear skies due for south and southwest tonight.

alowen

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good in Bedfordshire. First time out with the mount under EQMOD control tonight, I think. Also a serious attempt at drift aligning, followed by an assult on the Leo Triplet.

No doubt I will left in a state of frazzled confusion after serveral hours, but you've got to have a go. :icon_eek:

Over two and a half hours viewing with the Meade LS-6. Thanks to a mildly heated (20 watts) dew zapper there was not a trace of moisture on the lens. This was the first time I have used it. I can't say the same about the eyepieces though. I had to change these from time to time as they most certainly did fog over. Not to worry, there was no wind and the seeing was good. All in all an enjoyable evenings entertainment.

the swines at the bbc promised me clear skies tonight, just got my scope out for the first time alligned my scope & thick cloud rolled in, missed saturn by minutes :D going to give it another 10 mins then go back indoors

I'm off to cornwall for the weekend, clear skies forecast, no light pollution and the mrs has left some space in the motor for the scope. I don't half love that gal!

Yet again the cloud just stops after my doorstep :hello2::D

Last night I persevered and stayed out from 8 till 5am! Clouded over but I managed to finally get the guiding gear agreeing with each other. No useful images but it was another milestone.

I've set up the tri-pod ready for tonight but it's looking dire :mad:

Have a cracking night. :rolleyes:

Archived