Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Top 10 Useful inexpensive things

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I find it easier to relax my eyes if I wear an eyepatch on my non-observing eye while observing. Most especially for planets it means I can see more detail and observe for longer with less effort.

Fishermans vest - you can never have too many pockets

Laminator - to stop the custom star maps you printed from getting soggy in the dew

chinagraph pencil/felt-tip - for writing notes on the above

and for those field trips:

a spare pair of shoes or shoe covers, so you don't get mud all over the car on the drive home

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
- saw (for annoying trees and branches),

- jet contrail disperser (no such thing, sadly),

- loving spouse/partner who buys you things with "TeleVue" labels on the box for your Birthday (neither are "inexpensive" though)

- more patience than I have, (free, but impossible),

- Pink Floyd on my ipod (child of the 60's!)

or, Marillion's 'Brave album' :)

Running leggings likewise. You can get el cheapo ones in places like Decathlon and they're a great extra layer. I wear mine whenever I go camping somewhere high and silly. :)

Thanks for the ideas, everybody. The glow-in-the-dark paint is particularly brilliant (pardon pun).

If you visit any of the sportsdirect stores or order online, you can get the base layer thermals very cheap, espescially at this time of year as they are trying to get rid of the "winter" stock to make way for the summer lines!!!!

Campri tops £6, leggings £6 boxers £3 -- i use these as i work outside and they are fantastic

Dave

- saw (for annoying trees and branches),

- jet contrail disperser (no such thing, sadly),

- loving spouse/partner who buys you things with "TeleVue" labels on the box for your Birthday (neither are "inexpensive" though)

- more patience than I have, (free, but impossible),

- Pink Floyd on my ipod (child of the 60's!)

No such thing as number 3 either.

Archived